Effective October 1, 2009
- Information Collection and Use
We may collect information from you to improve our services, features and content, to administer your ISupport Membership (together, the "Service"), and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site.
We may ask at registration for users to provide their zip codes and in some cases their street and city address for the purposes of determining their congressional districts. In some cases, a five digit zip code is sufficient to determine the appropriate representative, but in some cases congressional districts overlap zip codes so we ask for your street address which enables us to pinpoint the appropriate representative. We collect this information to enable elected officials to understand messages and trends of significance among their constituents.
- Personally Identifiable Information.
- When you register with us through the Site to become a "ISupport", we may collect personally identifiable information, including, but not limited to, name, email address, postal address, IP address, account user name and password (Personal Information). Personal Information is information about you that when on its own or in combination with other identifiers can be used to contact or identify you. We use your Personal Information to provide the Service, facilitate your use of the Site and respond to your inquiries.
- We may also collect the non-personally identifiable information that you provide as part of registration (e.g., without limitation, zip code, age, gender, and your interests) ("Anonymous Demographic Information"). We may combine your Personal Information with this Anonymous Demographic Information or with aggregate information collected from other Isupporththismessage.com users to attempt to provide you with a better experience and improve the quality and value of the Service.
- Log Data
When you visit the Site, whether as a ISupport Member or a non-registered user just browsing, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your browser type and the domain from which you are visiting. We do not use this information to identify you personally. We use it to monitor use of the Site and the Service and for the Site?s technical administration.
- ISupport Friends
You may be interested in forwarding messages to others who may in turn become ISupport Members. You can do so by using ?forward? functionality attached to individual messages. You will be able to add one or more e-mail addresses into an online form. ISupport will only use this email address for the purpose of sending this email and for no other purpose, unless the invitee becomes a member of ISupport.
We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your ISupport ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to ISupport. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is our priority. For more information about phishing, you may want to visit the Federal Trade Commission?s website at www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/alerts/phishingalrt.htm.
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Use of Third Party Software and/or Services
- Anonymous Information.
We may share Anonymous Demographic Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis and demographic profiling. This information will not contain your Personal Information.
- Service Providers.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf or to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management and improvement of the Site?s features). These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to use it for any other purpose.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement.
ISupport cooperates with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of ISupport or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
- Business Transfers.
ISupport is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your information may be transferred to-and maintained on-computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. ISupport transfers Personal Information to the United States and maintains and processes it there and you consent to such transfer.
- Links to Other Sites
- Changing or Deleting Your Information
All ISupport Members may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their registration profile. If you completely delete any such information, then your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your record in our system, please contact us and we will attempt to accommodate your request. See below for privacy contact information.